12.15.2005

What a Day!!

This was one hell of a day. I got up early, seven o'clock is WAAYyyyy early for me now, and headed to school for my eight o' clock english final. I had two hours to write a six page essay on a piece called "I Just Wanna Be Average" and tie it in to the effectiveness of our public schools. My pen touched the paper and did not stop moving until I was finished.......like buttah. While I was writing my phone started buzzing. When I left the classroom I found that Lockheed Martin had called to offer me a job in Moorestown, NJ. I've been on the job search for more than two weeks now with no success. Do you ever have a moment of clarity where everything just makes sense all of the sudden? This job offer ties in events stretching back maybe ten years for me. They want me to be an instructor at one of their training facilities. I am MIGHTY intrigued. I came home between tests and made some modifications to my resume and sent it off right away. So hopefully they'll be giving me a ring for an interview soon. Then I had my Visual Thinking final which was cake because he gave us the questions before hand and it was open note.....hmmmm. After that, drove all the way to Tacoma to talk to a shrink. The Navy is trying to figure out if they gave me an anxiety problem and if so, how much money do they owe me for it? The doc was a total quack, I walked in feeling fine and left there tense and all worked up. I don't like psychiatrists, well, not that froot loop anyway. HE should go see a shrink.

So, school's over for now and I'm going to spend some time.....ummmm.....waiting by the phone for Lockheed to call me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I screwed up. When you told me on the phone, I thought you said Morristown NJ not Moorestown NJ, so all that research I did was relevant to the NY City area, not Philadelphia area. Back to the drawing board. Its gonna be tough to wait for that response, you know?