11.20.2005

The Greatest thing about art? It doesn't have to be good!!!

So I have another before-and-after for ya. I spent about eight hours doing homework today.....boooo......and noticed something.....art does not have to look nice to be art! One of my assignments this weekend involves portraits. I have to draw a portrait of Henry Fuseli and a portrait of myself. I finished the Fuseli at about nine o' clock tonight, it was almost an exact replica of the portrait I was given to copy. I'm very happy with it.

I then went out to the pub for a few hours and came home a bit fuhrschnickahd(drunk spelling) and decided to give my self-portrait a stab. I went after it and actually stabbed myself with a #2, 2B and 4B pencil all in the same drawing. I ended up with this:

SO, the greatest thing about this? I know a few people in the "art world" and they would criticize my first drawing for the lack of talent, imagination, crativity, whatever....

The self-portrait they would look at in awe and say " wow man, it's so expressive"......I don't know....crazy people.....

All I have to say, kids, is don't drink and draw. And remember.....don't smoke crack...... Oh yeah, don't blog drunk either!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joe, I'm not from the "art world," but I think your samurai drawing is awesome!! -- I think the story behind it makes it a winner. Your Fuseli portrait is perfect though, as if you didn't already know...
Love ya!