2.26.2009

Soy Vay!

I try to change little things about the way I eat every month or so. I don't go crazy I just pick one thing to try to cut out of my diet that is poisonous, toxic, disgusting or otherwise bad for me and then try my best to at least be aware of when I am ingesting it. It has led to some very positive changes in my lifestyle and I change so gradually that I barely miss some of the things I used to eat everyday. For example, my naturopath told me I was allergic to bananas. I used to eat bananas EVERY DAY! Turns out that they may have been contributing to some of the health issues I've had, so I stopped eating them, or rather, started generally avoiding them. Another thing that I have tried my best to cut out of my life is HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, it sure is difficult thought, that crap is everywhere!!! It is in things you would never even think of like ketchup, dry cereal, worcestershire sauce, yogurt and most recently I found it in the Kikkoman teriyaki sauce I have always bought! WOW, what the crap?!? So, the whole point of this post is to introduce my new favorite sauce, Rach and I have totally fallen in love with this stuff... I think we have had it the last two nights on our chicken, it is thick, chunky, and much more robust than regular teriyaki and best of all, NO HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP!!! It does have a little more sugar per serving, but it's the good stuff and this sauce is so flavorful, you end up using less of it anyway. No preservatives, no poison, tons of flavor, all natural and if you haven't gathered from the name of the company, it's kosher!  Seriously, pick up a bottle of this stuff and just drink a big glassful. I can't wait to marinate some chicken overnight in it with some pineapple chunks and fire up the barbeque grill on the first sunny day we have up here (it snowed last night). OK, well that's enough product placement for now, but you know I wouldn't rant and rave about something like this if it didn't truly melt my undies....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I JUST CANNOT PASS THIS UP


WE WILL TRY IT

LOVE GRANDMA TRUDI