2.15.2006

Poor Bastard

Have you ever messed up and then just waited for it to blow up in your face once everybody finds out? You have that impending-doom sort of feeling because you know that there is nothing you can do but face the music. Dick Cheney finally went public today about his hunting accident this weekend. I can't imagine what that must be like, well maybe I can..... He shoots a guy in the face and then has to sit around for a few days, probably curled up in the fetal position on his couch just waiting until the shit hits the fan when the press finds out. I bet when his buddy initially went down after the blast Cheney was probably thinking "Oh man, this is going to look bad in the papers.......oh yeah, are you ok?" I watched David Letterman the other night and they had Biff Henderson running around the studio shooting dummies out of the rafters. It has to be surreal to have your mistakes shoved in your face in front of a nation-wide audience. I hope to be the butt of a late-night joke someday, that will be #532 on my list of things to do before I die.

Words I live by:

"What have I got myself into now....?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, Cheney wanted to get a detainee up here pronto to put the blame on, but the press found out too soon (landowner calls local paper, that's great!!).