10.24.2005

SEA-hawwwkS!!!!

I am very excited that this is my first year as an NFL fan. Growing up in Nebraska, I have always preferred college football. This year, I actually have a pro team that I root for, the Seahawks...HOME TEAM!! I've even been to three of their home games thanks to my girlfriend generously sharing her season tickets. She gave the tickets to Sunday's game to her friend for her birthday(same gal with the drag-queen prone boyfriend), and I had a lot of homework to do, so we watched the game at her house. What a game!! Football simply doesn't get any better than that. The Seahawks trailed for the entire game until the final forty seconds when they scored a touchdown to tie the score at 10 with about thirty seconds remaining. The Cowboys were making a dominating final drive for victory when one of our rabid, carnivorous defenders stepped up and intercepted the ball with five seconds left. He managed to run far enough to put the Seahawks into field goal position where ex-Cornhusker Josh Brown knocked it through the uprights as time ran out to win the game for our Seahawks!! An incredible defensive battle for both teams, man what a game!! Would like to mention that ex-Cornhusker Grant Wistrom played the key role in the perfectly executed defensive scheme of the game. Go Big Red!!

No comments: